It looks like the free-for-all species splitting banquet is coming to an end. Ian Tattersall, the leading expert on Madagascar lemurs (one of sifaka species is named after him) has raised his voice against the ridiculous splitfest, and proposed synonymizing 50% of all lemur species. I hope the same will be done for other primates, because they are the most ridiculously oversplit group at the moment. http://www.ajol.info/index.php/mcd/article/view/91494/80973
Jon Hall, , General Mammal Watching, 3
Evolutionary Tree of Life for Mammals Greatly Improved ScienceDaily (Sep. 23, 2011) — An international research team led by...
Jon Hall, , General Mammal Watching, 5
Finding mammalwatching companions in a world full of birders can be hard. And so I’m really pleased to see mammalwatchers are starting to use...
Subscribe to mammalwatching.com
- New Trip Report: Queensland Part 2. Eungella to Ingham
- Advert: Kalahari Tracking with the Ju/’hoansi San & Wildlife Watching in the Okavango Delta, March 2 – 12
- New Trip Report: Queensland Part 1: Tolderodden Regional Park to Taunton NP
- Leopard (yes Leopard not Snow Leopard) at Qinghai, China
- New Trip Report: Ungulates and Cats of the Tibetan Plateau (China), 2019
- New Trip Report: Ungulates and Cats of the Tibetan Plateau (China), 2019 on
- Leopard (yes Leopard not Snow Leopard) at Qinghai, China on
- Mammalwatching Meeting 2020??? on
- Quick update from Iceland.. Just 5 species on
- Advertising: Royle Safaris Javan Rhino & Endemic Javan Wildlife Add-On. June 2020 on