ID for some mammals from California/Arizona – part 2
Here is part 2 of my unidentified mammals.
1. Yosemite, Tamarack Flat Campground. Deer mouse?
2. Kangaroo rat from Mojave National Preserve (near Mid Hills Campground). Desert kangaroo rat?
3. A gopher from the Black-footed ferrets near Seligman. Botta’s pocket gopher (photo taken with my mobile phone, since I forgot to take my cameras…)?
4. A rat from Madera Canyon. I saw several of these at the feeders of Santa Rita Lodge. Some kind of woodrat?
5. Another rat from Madera Canyon (maybe the same species as the previous one?). These were seen near the Proctor Road Parking Area.
6. Kangaroo rat from Borrego Palm Canyon Campground in Anza Borrego. Dulzura is the one seen there, so I guess the photo shows this species?
7. Another one from the same location.
8. A kangaroo rat from Joshua Tree, near Hidden Valley Campground. Desert?
And to end some kangaroo rats from Carrizo Plain. I mainly drove the road to Selby Campground, and saw quite some k-rats. I found these difficult to ID however… I didn’t see any foxes or antelope squirrels in Carrizo.
9. Giant kangaroo rat?
10. Another Giant?
11. Giant too?
12. The last one, could this be a San Joaquin kangaroo rat?
Thanks a lot for any help!