Recommended Guide in Uganda?

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking of making my first post-lockdown travel to Uganda next year…

I have been looking through all the trip reports, and have been trying to nail down a good, mammal-knowledgeable guide who may help me find some of the unusual or less common species, in addition to the obvious ones found in Uganda.

The only name that comes to mind is Emmy Gongo, so I’ve contacted him.
But I wanted to get at least 1 or more recommendation for comparison, and/or just tell me to stop looking, if I’ve reached the top. 🙂

Thanks in advance!
Tomer

1. Profile photo of Jon Hall
    Jon Hall 7 days ago

Hi Tomer, you could check out Harrier Tours . They seem good from my interactions with them and come recommened by Tom from AA Borneo too. https://www.mammalwatching.com/listing/harrier-tours/

2. Bob 7 days ago

I have had many great guides but Ben from Primate Watch Safaris was the best.

3. Martin Singfield 7 days ago

David Baluku of Kifaru African Expeditions at
    P.o Box 818, Entebbe- Uganda. Nkumba University Close, Plot 13A
    Tel: +256-(0)752-575366, Fax: +256-41-255156,
    Email: info@kifarutravelafrica.com
    May be able to advise you.

4. tom hewitt 6 days ago

Hi Tomer,

Do indeed drop Harriet a line, If you time the trip correctly you should be able to see the rare Pitta if that is of interest along with the rare mammals.

5. robbi 6 days ago

Hi Tomer,

I’ve been with Hamlet Mugabe of Ensi Safari had two great trips in Uganda in past two years. He is working for WCS many years, got a extensive knowledge of birds and mammals of that beautiful country. Highly recommended. Hamlet could be reached via hamletlls0772@gmail.com

6. Profile photo of tomeslice Author
    tomeslice 6 days ago

Thanks everyone!
    I will try to contact them all for a quotation.

Thanks again!
    Tomer

7. Stephen Babbs 23 hours ago

Hi Tomer

I was due to go this year but cancelled for obvious reasons. I have a faint hope of going this summer, but not very hopeful tbh. I’m not really a guide sort of person but happy to share gen via my email and messenger addresses which obviously you have.