Brief post with site info on habituated Arctic Fox at Modrudalur in Northern Iceland. I have not seen Modrudalur mentioned in other mammal-watching posts; it is only 7 km off the ring-road. They were seen on a 3300 km trip around Iceland in August 2020; my 4 whale-watching trips were OK; the fox at Modrudalur were the highlight. Triplist and route map here. Thanks to Jon Hall for info on the Heydalur site and Sjef Ollers for other tips.
- Arctic Fox (Vulpes lagopus) @ Heydalur and Modrudalur.
- Harbour Seal (Phocoena sinus) @ Ytri Tunga, Illugastadir and Jokulsarlon.
- Grey Seal (Halichoerus grypus) @ Ytri Tunga and Illugastadir.
- Reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) @ Hrafnavellir.
- Humpback Whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) @ Olafsvik, Hauganes and Husavik.
- Common Minke Whale (Balaenoptera acutorostrata) @ Olafsvik.
- White-beaked Dolphin (Lagenorhynchus albirostris) @ Olafsvik, Hauganes, Husavik and Borgafjordur.
- Harbour Porpoise (Phocoena phocoena) @ Hauganes and Husavik.