1. Two new species of woolly giant flying squirrels, Eupetaurus tibetensis and E. nivamons, described from eastern Himalayan region. Here is a video of E. nivamons.
2. A proposal to split broad-footed moles of S. California (N to Sta Barbara and Yosemite Valley) and adjacent Baja California as Scapanus occultus.
3. More arguments in support of splitting Lasiurus into three genera (red Lasiurus, yellow Dasypterus and hoary Aeorestes).
4. A proposal to split southern pygmy mouse into two species, Baiomys musculus (Colima, Jalisco, and Michoacán) and B. brunneus (Guerrero, Morelos, Oaxaca, and Veracruz; presumably also in Mesoamerica).
5. Two papers (1, 2) on the taxonomy of Mexican Peromyscus (these are for hardcore taxonomy fans).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.