New Trip Report: Kenya

1. tomeslice 2 months ago

Another stellar report from Kenya!!

I need to visit it ASAP…

Looking forward to 2 more reports very very soon! 🙂

• Samuel 2 months ago

2. bonnie shirley 2 months ago

I’m jealous. I just returned from Kenya and wanted to see a caracal but no such luck. Your serval photo is awesome!

• Samuel 2 months ago

We were indeed thrilled to see a serval with a cub.

3. Joshua 2 months ago

The day this was posted, I received an email that looked like Jon Hall had posted his own Kenya report; but clicking the link brings me to this post. Am I mistaken about there being another post? I don’t think so because the email even mentions the help that he had from Charles Hood. Or did it disappear somehow? Perhaps by having two posts with the same name on the same day?

• Author
      Jon Hall 2 months ago

Hi Joshua. There were two posts over two days. Alex Myor’s report was the other one https://www.mammalwatching.com/2021/08/20/new-trip-report-kenya-8/ though it was posted by me, not be Alex. I am not sure what post I talked about Charles Hood in, but don’t think it was Kenya related.

My report is not yet written. Not even started. Venkat Sankar’s should be coming next I hope. Jon

4. Joshua 2 months ago

I had a couple details scrambled in my brain. It was Charles Foley, not Charles Hood; and Tanzania, not Kenya. But below is the email that I received which doesn’t seem to match the post that it links to:

New post on mammalwatching.com
    by Jon Hall – 21st August 2021 10:19 am
    New Trip Report: Kenya
    I was in Tanzania earlier this month: it was a work trip though I squeezed in 4 days in the bush and picked up 39 species (with a lot of help from Charles Foley). Arusha & the Udzungwas, 2016: 4 days & 39 species, including Udzungwa Red Colobus, Sanje Mangabey and a Yellow-winged Bat. Jon
    Categories: General Mammal Watching

I also just realized that it references 2016, not 2021.

• Author
      Jon Hall 2 months ago

Weird! I have no idea how that happened. I am hoping to fix a lot of these problems next month. Sorry!

5. craig 1 month ago

Excellent reports. Thanks. Kenya is on my list for whenever Australia allows us to travel again !
    Craig Smith.