Field guide to the larger mammals of Tanzania

Well after 4 years of writing, our field guide to the mammals of Tanzania has finally been printed and is due in bookshops within the next week or so. The book only covers the larger species – approximately hedgehog size and above, mainly due to a dearth of information about the smaller beasties, but it has full species lists for all the Parks, and a ‘where to look’ box for every animal, so will hopefully prove useful for mammal watchers planning a trip to the country. Many thanks to everyone who donated photos – much appreciated.

Charles

1. Profile photo of Jon Hall
    Jon Hall 5 years ago

Congratulations Charles! I can’t wait to see this book and I know it is going to make me desperate to come back to Tanzania! Jon

2. Profile photo of tomeslice
    tomeslice 5 years ago

How I wish your book came out 15 months ago…
    Should I buy a copy online, or should I have you bring a signed copy to Leh and buy it from you there? 😉
    (Kidding, of course… I’ll buy it online)

• tembo10 5 years ago

Yes my luggage space to Leh will all be taken up by my favourite pillow, teddy bear and woolies, so best you order it online….

3. phil telfer 5 years ago

Great news on your book Charles, i’ve been looking out for it a while now.
    I gather from the above comment that you’re going for the snow leopards. Good luck. phil.

4. Profile photo of Charles Foley
    Charles Foley 5 years ago

Hi Phil,

It took somewhat longer to finish the book than expected – about two and a half years longer to be precise – but better late than never. Yes fingers crossed on the Snow leopard.

Charles

5. Richard Webb 5 years ago

For anyone wanting to see the book if you look for the book on http://www.amazon.co.uk you can pretty much see every page using the Look Inside option. The book is stunning and excellent value for money as well. Looking forward to getting the book itself. A great job Charles.