Best Borneo Trip Ever?

1. Profile photo of kittykat23uk
    kittykat23uk 2 years ago

Wow!!! What a great haul! I saw a linsang at DVFC was this split from Banded? Or is it still banded? Anyone planning a trip involving lots of night drives looking for someone to share cost? Please let me know if so! Still would like to see a clouded leopard some time..

• Profile photo of Jon Hall
      Jon Hall 2 years ago

It’s still Banded I think. They are extremely rarely seen but soneone saw one in the Danum last week I believe.

• Profile photo of machunter
        machunter 2 years ago

I heard of the recent Danum sighting too….3rd one for a person who has been there for years, so they are clearly a challenge. I expect this is true of the spotted linsang as well but would love to hear otherwise…..mac hunter

• Profile photo of vdinets
      vdinets 2 years ago

I think what is meant is that linsangs were split into a separate family.

• tom hewitt 2 years ago

Often there are ops to join with others, just let know your dates: aaborneotom@gmail.com

2. Profile photo of Charles Foley
    Charles Foley 2 years ago

Mac had invited me to go on this trip and I turned it down to travel with the family to Namibia. New mammal species for me there were, err, the Damara ground squirrel and a Dassie rat. I’m trying all sorts of angles to convince myself that I made the right decision, but until I reach that point can anyone recommend any good therapists or remedies for this sort of trauma? Certain yoga postures or chant’s perhaps. One things for sure – next time Mac invites me anywhere – whether its a field trip or visit to the local chip shop I’ll be right there!

Charles

• Profile photo of Jon Hall
      Jon Hall 2 years ago

I feel your pain. I can’t believe all they saw AND they were looking at birds too. Mac has clearly got an in with the mammal gods and I want in too – I would happily sell my soul for a pangolin and a Marbled Cat

• Profile photo of machunter
        machunter 2 years ago

And we were chasing herps and fishes too. BUT do reread the first point in my Postscript A….the one about uncertainty…
        (a.k.a. stochasticity to us scientists …. luck to most).

Charles’ ….I expect Aram will respond to your psychic stress “off-line” …you can guess whether she will console or twist the blade.

3. tomeslice 2 years ago

Amazing trip report!!!
    I keep getting reminded why I need to go back to Borneo for the whole, 3-week classical trip which will undoubtedly include Deramakott again.